Home > People > PI
Jihun Oh, PhD
- ㆍAssociate Professor
ㆍGraduate School of EEWS (Energy Environment Water and Sustainability)
and KI NanoCentury(KINC)
ㆍKorea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- ㆍOffice Building : E4(KI), A515
- ㆍEmail : email@example.com
- ㆍTel. +82-42-350-1726
- National Renewal Energy Laboratory
Postdoctoral Fellow, National Center for Photovoltaics, Research focused on nanostructured Si materials synthesis
for photovoltaics and photoelectrochemical solar fuels production.
Golden, CO , March 2010 – January 2013
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Materials Science and Engineering,
Thesis: Porous Aluminum Oxide Scaffolds; Formation Mechanisms and Applications.
Cambridge, MA , February 2010
- Seoul National University
Master of Science, Department of Materials Science and Engineering,
Thesis: A study on the adsorption of nanometer-sized colloidal g-Fe2O3 particles on different substrates
(Si, Si3N4, and SiO2).
Seoul, Korea , February 2002
- Pohang University of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Science, Materials Science and Engineering, Cum Laude,
Pohang, Korea , February 2000
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Assistant Professor, Graduate School of EEWS
Daejon, Korea , Feburary 2013 – Present
- Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Research Engineer, NanoElectronic Devices Team
Daejon, Korea , April 2002 – August 2004
- 제 1회 대한화학회 환경에너지 분과 신진연구자상
- 2011 Gordon Battelle Prize for Technology Impact, Nominated.
- Discovery News (http://news.discovery.com/tech/black-silicon-solar-panels-121011.html) 2012.
NREL Licenses Technology to Increase Solar Cell Efficiency: Natcore to develop ‘black silicon’ solar cells based on award-winning innovation, NREL Newsroom, NR-5911 (http://www.nrel.gov/news/press/2011/1671.html),
December 20th, 2011.
- ㆍArtificial photosynthesis and solar fuel generation
- ㆍTransformational photovoltaic devices
- ㆍ1-D nanomaterials synthesis